The Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening
October 24, 2023
We all want white shining teeth and are willing to go the extra mile to get them. The plethora of over-the-counter teeth whitening products now available keeps increasing as the demand for a great smile keeps rising. While home whitening treatments may offer some improvement in the quality of a smile, they will never be able to achieve the kind of results that professional teeth whitening can. A home-use teeth whitening kit can make your smile look better, but only professional teeth whitening will make your smile the best it can be.
Also Read: What Is a Mouthguard?
Why Professional Teeth Whitening Is Best
- Your Appearance Is Improved: Studies show that white teeth are attractive and those who have them are perceived to be intelligent, sociable and friendly. Your dentist will be able to give you the whiteness you want.
- Your Personality Is Enhanced: Ask anyone who has a great smile what it means to them. Almost all will tell you that their smile is one of the main pillars of the confidence that they project when interacting with others. Whether you are meeting someone for the first time or greeting a person you see regularly, whether it's a colleague, friend or the love of your life, the way you smile sets up the relationship.
- Look Younger: Teeth tend to darken over time. This is due to environmental factors, staining by the food and drink you consume and the natural aging of the pulp in the teeth. Regular brushing can slow down the process, but cannot stop or reverse it. Only professional teeth whitening can bring back your white gleaming teeth and wonderful smile.
- Be Ready for Special Occasions: You never know when a special occasion will arise. It could be a wedding, anniversary, birthday, graduation or anything else. Whatever it is, these are the times you want to remember. Whether you are the center of attention or just one of many participating, a great smile makes a lasting impression on all those present. And, of course, there will be pictures where you want to look your best and present your best smile.
- The Finishing Touch for Straightened Teeth: If you have been wearing braces of any kind to straighten your teeth, once you stop wearing them, you will be able to see your true smile. Often, there will be a color difference in the area where the braces are. Teeth whitening will add the finishing touch you need to have a wonderful smile.
- Have Your Teeth Checked: When you go to your dentist to have your teeth whitened, she will check and examine them to ensure that your teeth are in good condition. If any problems are found, these can be attended to before the whitening is done.
- Avoid Gum Irritation: Home whitening trays and strips are one-size-fits-all so the fit can never be perfect. That means that some of the whitening ingredients could come into contact with your gums and the soft tissue in your mouth, causing gum irritation. Your dentist will protect your gums and soft tissue and prevent any irritation from occurring.
- Avoid Teeth Sensitivity: If your teeth are very sensitive, home whitening could result in severe sensitivity issues. Your dentist will know how to prevent this from happening.
Also Read: Laser Dental Treatment: The Way to the Best Dental Care
Your smile is the first thing people notice about you and first impressions are lasting ones. Even people you see regularly will notice the quality of your smile because it is a reflection of who you are and how you relate to others. A teeth whitening session at your dentist's office is quick, painless and highly effective. Modern teeth whitening technology means that the amount of whitening and the effect on your smile can be accurately controlled to give you the smile you want. Of course, if you still want to do it yourself, your dentist can give you advice on how to whiten your teeth at home.