SMILE IS YOUR SIGNATURE.
Often this question comes up, "Why I need braces, my teeth are just fine and don't bother me".
It is true you need straight teeth, not only for improving your looks but for other health reasons too. Following are some reasons for this.
• Straight teeth make it easier to chew, talk and maintain a proper oral hygiene.
• When you have crooked or crowded teeth, brushing and flossing is not effective, as a result plaque and bacteria grow in these areas leading to build-up. This build-up leads to gum diseases such as gingivitis and periodontitis, where you start losing bone around the teeth which can lead to eventual loss of teeth. The inflammation in the gums caused by the bacteria has been associated with systemic diseases like diabetes, blood pressure, stroke and some forms of cancer too.
• As a result of the increase in plaque and bacteria growth a person is more prone to having cavities.
• Straighter teeth are less likely to get damaged as opposed to protruded teeth in event of fall, trauma, accidental bumping into something which may lead to fracture or tooth loss.
• When the teeth don't bite in the right manner, biting forces are not distributed evenly across all the teeth, this may result in chipping, cracking and premature damage to the teeth.
• As a result of mal-occlusion a person may start grinding/ clenching his/ her teeth which may affect the TMJ (jaw joint) and sinuses.
• Straight teeth make your smile more attractive, boosting your self confidence and self-esteem. Studies have shown that people with attractive, confident smile are more likely to be offered the job with a higher pay of about 5% more annually.
Also Read: How Smiling and laughing affect Your Health
Following are some of the many ways to straighten the teeth.
1. Invisalign or Clear Correct - These are clear aligners which are worn throughout the day and night to move the teeth in correct position. With the clear aligner therapy, oral hygiene is much better and the teeth are getting straightened without any metal wires or braces showing.
2. Porcelain Veneers - These are ultra-thin Veneers which are cemented to the teeth to make them look straight. Here at Hills dental, we can help you discussing your best options and get you started on you journey to straight teeth and smile. We offer payment plans, interest free for 12 months to ease your process and for our patients with no insurance we have a special membership plan which you can take advantage of.
Call us at 408-725-1536 or email us at email@example.com to get you started on straighter, confident smile. Schedule an appointment with us today, and allow us to take care of your teeth.
>> How Is Dental Implant Surgery Done?
>> Dental Implant Surgery - What You Need to Know
>> What happens if you Do Not go for Dental Checkups?
>> Frequently Asked Questions About Invisalign
>> Four Tips for Choosing the Best Dental Clinic in San Jose
>> What Does a Cosmetic Dentist Do?
>> What Happens During a Dental Exam?
>> How to Prepare for Orthodontic Treatment
>> Dental Implants - What They Are and What They Do
>> How to Find a Good Dental Office
>> Dental Care and Dental Treatment for Seniors
>> Your Mouth, Your Smile, And Your Health
>> Understanding Common Dental Treatments
>> When Does a Dental Condition Turn into Emergency Dental Care?
>> What Is the Best Crown Type for the Front Teeth?
>> Why Don't Emergency Rooms Handle Dental Emergencies?
>> 5 Benefits of Having a Family Dentist
>> 5 Common Types of Dental Emergencies
>> Laser Dental Treatment: The Way to the Best Dental Care
>> 5 Things Every Person with Dentures Needs To Know
>> What are the Most Common Dental Diseases?
>> 5 Reasons Why Baby Teeth are Important
>> Dental Care During Winter - Ways to Protect your Teeth
>> Grinding and Clenching Teeth – The Harmful Effects
>> New Trends in Dentistry and What They Mean For Patients
>> Importance of Orthodontic Treatments
>> Importance Of Properly Aligned/Straight Teeth
>> How Stress Affects Dental Health
>> Who's Afraid of Dental X-Rays?
>> Precautions to be Taken When Visiting Your Dentist
>> Diet, Oral Hygiene and Pregnancy - What You Need To Know
>> COVID 19 - What You Need To Know
>> Why you must say 'yes' to Fluoride
>> Importance of Straight Teeth
>> Gum Disease and Systemic Health
>> Why Baby Teeth are Important
>> How Smiling And laughing Affect Your Health